* Joined Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission in 1961
* 1965 - 80 Participated in the startup and, subsequently, in the operation and maintenance of Pakistan's first nuclear research reactor, PARR-1
* Appointed as Head, Nuclear Engineering Division at PINSTECH and also served as a Member of Pakistan Nuclear Safety Committee
* 1991-1996 Joined International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as 'Research Reactor Specialist'
* 1996-2000 Rejoined the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission and retired as Director General, (Nuclear Power).
* 2000-2001 Assisted Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission as a "Technical Expert".
Now heading the Directorate of Professional Education, Sultana Foundation, Engr. Khalid Mahmood is a dedicated team member and professional who realizes the importance of professional education. He wants to play his part in developing this society by providing quality education and technical training to the students of Foundation.